Comment on page
pATLAS is a web-base tool that empowers researchers to easily and rapidly access information related with plasmids present in
NCBI's refseqdatabase. In pATLAS each node (or circle) represents a plasmid and each link between two plasmids means that those two plasmids share over 90% average nucleotide identity.
With this tool we have two main goals:
- 1.Increase the accessibility of plasmid relevant metadata to users aswell as facilitate the access to that metadata.
- 2.Improve the ease of interpreting results from High Throughput Sequencing(HTS) for plasmid detection.
- Browse by taxa.
- Browse by resistance genes.
- Browse by plasmid families.
- Browse by virulence genes.
- Import JSON files from mapping results, mash screen results and mashdist results (for assemblies).
- Generate many plots for custom selections.
- Download sequences for selected plasmids.
- Display metadata for one plasmid or multiple selected plasmids.
- Ability to share projects between sessions and users.
Tiago F Jesus, Bruno Ribeiro-Gonçalves, Diogo N Silva, Valeria Bortolaia, Mário Ramirez, João A Carriço; Plasmid ATLAS: plasmid visual analytics and identification in high-throughput sequencing data, Nucleic Acids Research, gky1073, https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gky1073